This week I’m in Hershey PA for the Hershey Cookie Exchange Event.
No, I haven’t turned into the cafeteria lady lol! I’m at Chocolate
World creating my very own chocolate bar in the Hershey mini factory!
JOYFUL ALMOND COOKIES
Courtesy of Hershey Pastry Chef Thomas Pratt
2.25 ounces almond paste
8 ounces of butter, unsalted
4.75 ounces granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3 ounces coconut, sweet flakes
10 ounces all-purpose flour
6 ounces Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ounce butter, unsalted
1.4 ounces light corn syrup
5 ounces smokehouse almonds, whole
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- To make the dough: Cream the almond paste and butter. Add the sugar, salt and extracts. Add the egg, then the coconut and
flour, just until mixed.
- Scoop with a small scoop and bake, approximately 14 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges.
- Place cookies on a rack with parchment underneath.
- To make the glaze: Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler, add the butter and corn syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate glaze over the cookies and allow to set up.
- To garnish: Chop almonds into small pieces and add to the top of each cookie while the glaze is still warm.
Tip: Be careful not to get your chocolate to0 hot and stir until melted to prevent the chocolate from seizing up:
These were really delish!
When you try these let us know what you think!