No, I haven’t turned into the cafeteria lady lol! I’m at Chocolate
World creating my very own chocolate bar in the Hershey mini factory!
Get this Hershey Recipe below:
JOYFUL ALMOND COOKIES
Courtesy of Hershey Pastry Chef Thomas Pratt
2.25 ounces almond paste
8 ounces of butter, unsalted
4.75 ounces granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of almond extract
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3 ounces coconut, sweet flakes
10 ounces all-purpose flour
6 ounces Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 ounce butter, unsalted
1.4 ounces light corn syrup
5 ounces smokehouse almonds, whole
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- To make the dough: Cream the almond paste and butter. Add the sugar, salt and extracts. Add the egg, then the coconut and
flour, just until mixed.
- Scoop with a small scoop and bake, approximately 14 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges.
- Place cookies on a rack with parchment underneath.
- To make the glaze: Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler, add the butter and corn syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate glaze over the cookies and allow to set up.
- To garnish: Chop almonds into small pieces and add to the top of each cookie while the glaze is still warm.
Tip: Be careful not to get your chocolate to0 hot and stir until melted to prevent the chocolate from seizing up:
The chocolate on the right is what happens when it gets too hot.
These were really delish!
When you try these let us know what you think!