We were invited to Orlando this year to attend Disney Social Media Moms Conference, which is always a unique and amazing experience. During the conference, we got a sneak peek at some of the things that were going to be happening at the parks as well as new Disney merchandise and more. We had such an amazing time that we wanted to share with you 10 Disney Vacation Tips You Need to Know. Also check out my post How to Book a Disney Cruise and Save.
10 Disney Vacation Tips You Need to Know:
- Best Kept Disney Secret to save on souvenirs! Did you know there is an outlet store for Disney Parks Souvenirs? You can get all the great Disney Park merchandise for a discount. Check out my video via the link.
- Book Your Magical Express ride before you leave. Disney offers free transportation to and from the airport. You just need to book it ahead of time. When you arrive at the airport and get your bags, Magical Express is located on level 1 side B. Make sure you have your magic bands out to show the cast member.
- When taking Disney transportation like the river cruise, buses and monorails ask the drivers if they have transportation cards. Some will and some won’t, but it’s fun for the kids to be able to collect them.
- Disney Express Transportation: If you plan on getting Park Hopper tickets, then you need to check out the new Disney Express Transportation. It gives you unlimited transfers between all 4 theme parks—for as long as your Express Transportation ticket is valid. You will be able to avoid multiple security checks and save time waiting for transportation. Totally worth the extra money.
- Night Time Safari at Animal Kingdom: Animal Kingdom has added a new Starlight Safari. You will get a totally unique experience from the traditional day time safari. Lions are most active at night and sometimes you can catch a Lion’s roar. There is no additional cost but be sure and save one your Fast passes for this one as the lines get get long.
- Cheap Flights: I love using Southwest and Spirit Airlines for Florida travel, but you can also subscribe to Scott’s Cheap Flights and The Flight Deal.
- Avoid Crowds: Check the Crowd Calculator before you plan park days. This will tell you what days look to be most crowded for each park! This was such a time saver.
- Pin Trading: If you are wondering if you can save money by purchasing Disney Pins on Amazon, the difference is about $1 per pin as to paying $8 per pin in the parks. (If you buy in a lot)
- Dining Tip: If you are looking to save a little money in the parks, Restaurantosaurus in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Tortuga Tavern and Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom, Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot, Backlot Express in Disney’s Hollywood Studios and all have drink refill stations for free refills.
- Free Wi-Fi internet is now available in the theme parks and resort hotels at Walt Disney World.