How many of you love to use those Wallflower Bulbs from Bath and Body works but you hate it when they discontinue your favorite scent? Well, I have found a way to reuse these babies with what ever scent you want. You can even use them with your favorite essential oil as long as you dilute it. I still prefer my diffuser method but for those that are stuck on the plug- in’s, I have found a solution for you. I love being able to choose my own scents and know exactly what is going in to my house and what my family will be breathing in. These also make great gifts for the holidays and your friends will definitely be asking you how you did it. Now let’s get down to business. I have included everything you need to have in order to make this. If you’re going to use essential oils you will just need to choose your favorite scent. I have also included all instructions with photos below.
Empty Wallflower Bulbs
Pliers (or other flat tool)
1. Begin by taking your empty bulb and your pliers (I used needle nose or a knife) and running it along the plastic edge of the top of the bulb where the wick is.
2. Gently loosen the wick and pull it free but DO NOT pull it out of its plastic covering. You want the entire plastic tip to pop out with the wick still in it.
3. Next, fill the bulb with the fragrance oil of your choice but be careful to not fill it to the top.
4. Take your plastic tip and wick you popped out and place it back in the bottle, giving it an extra push until it clicks in firmly.
5. Twist into your wall plugin and you have a new wallflower!
Note: To use essential oils, you will need to purchase unscented fragrance oil and mix about 10 drops essential oil into each bulb. Shake before pouring into the bulb. I am not responsible for any leakage or spills, as always with any DIY project, try this at your own risk,