If you are in search for an Easter event for the kiddos, look no further! We have a great roundup of FREE Easter events to share, thanks to the folks at Metro Family Magazine. Check out this great roundup below!
If you haven’t been to a big Easter egg hunt, or are thinking of braving the crowds again this spring, here are some things to think about for a great egg hunt experience!
Tips for a great Egg Hunt from the Consumer Queen Princess Team, if this is your first year:
- Know the weather! The weather can be pretty tricky this time of year. Even when the “high” for the day is 65, Easter egg hunts and early morning activities can be super chilly in the wind! Dress those kiddos in layers and they can always take coats and hoodies off.
- Arrive a bit early… this is a big one! Nothing like waiting in a line of cars and that egg hunt starts in 5 minutes. LOL. So arrive early, give yourself time to park, get the stroller and kids out, walk around and find the place for your designated age group.
- Have a backup plan: if for some reason your egg hunt activity doesn’t work out or it is rained out, have a few dates and locations of Easter activities picked out so you can have something else to fall back on.
- Make sure your Easter event is appropriate for your child’s age. Pretty much all Easter egg hunts have ages listed in their flyers or event details, but if you have very small children be sure there is an activity included for them.
- Safety First! Egg hunts are often spread out. If you have more than one child, be sure to bring along a second or third adult so each child has someone to run back to right after the egg hunt is over. For older kids, have a designated meeting place.
- Be fast: Egg hunts are VERY quick, if you haven’t been to one before. Most of the time parents aren’t allowed to help kids so make sure your smaller children know to be fast!
- Bring a couple healthy snacks. This may sound silly but our kids are always hungry after all the activity and instantly go to that candy! I have a pack of crackers handy and let them have a few pieces of their candy haul. Not 10… 😀
- Don’t be afraid to leave early. Most egg hunts have lots of extra activities for the kids, but if the kids are done for the day after the egg hunt, don’t force it. We have skipped the bounce houses and face painting before and it’s been just fine. There is a lot going on sometimes and littles can get overwhelmed!
- We all know this one but be sure to look thru kids goodie bags and Easter eggs. I have found coupons for Whataburger and Braum’s mixed in. Of course to the kids these are trash, but for mom and dad this will save a few $ on treats for the family!
- Finally, take it easy! Let the kids have fun and relax. It can be stressful to get the entire crew where they need to be as a parent, but remember the goal is to have fun!
See your Easter Activity List here, brought to you by Metro Family Magazine and the CQ Team:
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church 308 NW 164th St: FREE Easter Celebration – Easter egg hunts, games and activities for kids ages 2- the 5th grade. 10 a.m. 4/8/17
Acts 2 United Methodist Church 4848 W Covell Rd., Edmond: Easter Eggstravaganza- Easter egg hunts, food trucks, bounce houses, face painting and more. 4:30 – 6 p.m. No age groups specified. 4/8/17
Edmond Dog Park E. 33rd & Rankin, Edmond: Hound Hunt! For dogs only, take your fur babies to find eggs filled with dog treats. 2 p.m. 4/8/17
Chitwood Park S. Story & W. 1st St, Edmond: FREE Easter Social hosted by Edmond First UMC – food trucks, Easter egg hunt, moon bounce, a bonnet decorating contest, live music and more. Food available for purchase. 11:30 – 2 p.m. 4/9/17
New Covenant United Methodist Church 2700 S Boulevard, Edmond: FREE Easter Carnival- games, bounce houses and food. All ages. 3 – 5 p.m. No egg hunt specified? 4/9/17
Duffner Park 2731 Winston Rd: FREE Easter Celebration- Easter egg hunt, crafts, photos with the Easter bunny and more. Ages 5th grade and younger. 3 p.m. 4/9/17
Crown Heights Christian Church 4020 N Western Ave, OKC: FREE Easter Egg Hunt- Open to kids 5th grade and under. 3 – 4 p.m. 4/15/17
Mitch Park 1501 W Covell Rd, Edmond: FREE Community Egg Hunt – over 30,000 Easter eggs, food, bubbles, face painting, crafts and more, hosted by Edmond FBC. Time TBA. 4/15/17
Note: This sounds like a BIG egg hunt! Arrive early!
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church 2501 N Blackwelder Ave, OKC & 1125 E Danforth, Edmond: FREE Egg Hunt- also includes inflatables, games, candy and photos with the Easter bunny. 5th grade and under. 10 a.m. 4/15/17 (These are two separate locations)
Lake Overholser Church of the Nazarene 3900 E Overholser Dr, Bethany: FREE Egg Hunt – 5th grade and under. 10 a.m. 4/15/17
Western Oaks Christian Church 8100 NW 23rd St: FREE Egg Hunt- also includes inflatables, games, activities and three separate Easter egg hunts for different ages. 5th grade and under. 11 a.m. 4/15/17
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church 8140 NW 36th St: FREE Egg Hunt- also stop in for a hot dog lunch. 11 a.m. No ages specified, call for details. 4/15/17
Lake Overholser Church of the Nazarene 3900 E Overholser Dr, Bethany: FREE Egg hunt- Ages 5th grade and under. 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. 4/15/17
Nichols Hills United Methodist Church 1212 Bedford Dr, Nichols Hills: FREE Egg hunt- Also stay for breakfast! All ages welcome. 10:15 a.m. 4/16/17
Haskell Elementary School 1701 NW 150th, Edmond: FREE Helicopter Egg Drop and Egg Hunt- A helicopter will be dropping 10,000 candy-filled eggs. Free to attend, wristband required. Call for ages/details. Service at 10:30, register and receive wristband. 4/16/17
St. Matthew United Methodist Church 300 N Air Depot Blvd, Midwest City: FREE Easter Eggstravaganza- egg hunt, face painting, crafts and a petting zoo. Ages 2 – 5th grade. 2 – 4 p.m. 4/9/17
Lion’s Park 2201 S Midwest City Blvd, Midwest City: FREE Community Easter Celebration- egg hunt hosted by Wickline UMC, games, treats and photos with the Easter Bunny. Ages toddler to 5th grade. 2 – 4 p.m. 4/9/17
Choctaw Creek Park 20001 N Harper, Choctaw: FREE Annual Choctaw Egg Hunt- includes an age-divided egg hunt for kids 12 & under, Easter Bonnet contest. 11 a.m. 4/15/17
First Baptist Church of Midwest City 705 E. Rickenbacker Dr. MWC, OK: FREE Annual Eggstravaganza- egg hunt, toddler area, hot dog lunch, prize table, face painting and bounce house. Open to public, ages 5th grade and under. Time TBA, call for details. 4/15/17
Note: We love this egg hunt and the service is Christ-centered!
Buck Thomas Park Football Fields 1903 NE 12th St, Moore: FREE Moore Easter Egg Scramble!- egg hunts, prize eggs and candy, and pictures with the Easter Bunny. Activities begin at 10 a.m./ hunts, 10:30 a.m. 4/8/17
Orr Family Farm 14400 S Western Ave: Easter Activities- come for Easter egg hunts and photos with the Easter bunny. Egg hunts open to ages 11 & under. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. 4/15/17
Note: this has an admission price of $11.50. Not free!
God of No Limits Family Ministries 7400 S Walker Ave: FREE Easter Eggstravaganza – egg hunt, live music, inflatables, food and a car, truck and bike show. No ages specified, call for details. 2 – 4 p.m. 4/15/17
Oakcrest Church of Christ 1111 SW 89th St Oklahoma City OK: FREE Egg hunt and cookout, all ages welcome. Call or check with registration for ages of egg hunt. 11 a.m. 4/15/17
Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History 2401 Chautauqua, Norman: FREE Eggstravaganza- complimentary admission to museum, games, crafts, discovery tables, photos with the Easter bunny and an egg hunt. 4-7 p.m. 4/12/17
Note: this is a huge Easter egg hunt and we recommend it if you’re in Norman! Great for older kids who would love to see the museum too.
Mustang Town Center 1201 N Mustang Rd, Mustang: FREE Egg Hunt- join the egg hunt with than 15,000 eggs, inflatables, balloon twisting, drawings for bikes & other prizes. No registration required. Check for ages, not specified. 10 a.m. 4/15/17
Note: We did this one last year and it was fun. If you’re near this area it’s great.
Yukon High School 1777 S Yukon Parkway, Yukon: Yukon Great Egg Hunt- egg hunt, inflatables, food trucks, face painting and giveaways, hosted by Discovery Church. 10 a.m – 12 pm. 4/15/17
Chickasaw Cultural Center 867 Cooper Memorial Rd, Sulphur: FREE Easter Celebration – egg hunt, crafts, and Easter bunny. 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. 4/8/17
Special Needs Easter Activities:
New Hope United Methodist Church 11600 N Council Rd: Easter Egg Hunt for Children with Special Needs- egg hunt for children who are blind or have other special needs. Siblings welcome. Volunteers will be on hand to provide help where needed; families are free to assist also. 2 – 4 p.m. 4/15/17
Note- I didn’t find any others listed locally, however egg hunts listed may have an area for special needs families so be sure to call your location and ask if needed!
Hope this list is helpful! Enjoy a great day with family this Easter! ♥ CQ Princess Team