This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
The Big Game is coming up quick and I am gearing up with these fun SNICKERS® Football Treats and Skittles®. When I was growing up I remember watching the Big Game every year. It was almost like another holiday, especially because we always had a ton of great food! My family would always gather together with a few other families. Even though I’m not a huge football fan, I have continued this tradition and I love planning out the party and of course the food!
You can get all the ingredients for a great price at Walmart. I walked down the candy aisle and was in awe of the variety. They had a huge selection of Snickers and Skittles. I grabbed the fun sized Snickers for my Football Treats and Wild Berry Skittles because they are great to chew on during the intense parts of the game! Make sure you make a shopping list before heading to the store, you don’t want to be missing ingredients once you start cooking!
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 10-oz bag of marshmallows, I prefer the mini sized
- 6 cups chocolate puffed rice cereal
- 5 mini Snickers chopped, around ½ cup
- 1 can of white frosting.
- Chop the Snickers into bite sized pieces.
- In a large pan melt the butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until it's combined. It will look creamy.
- Remove from heat. Fold in the Snickers pieces.
- Add the cereal in and stir until its all combined and the cereal is coated.
- Let the mixture cool until it can be handled.
- Grease your hands for easier handling. Use a handful of the mixture and form it into the shape of a football. Continue until all the mixture is made into footballs.
- Use the frosting to add the stitching and football markings.
Know you know what I’m going to be serving at my Game Day Party! I’d love to hear what you are planning on. Leave a comment below!