Post Sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own.
It’s a new year, which means new opportunities to impress family and friends with your weekly home-cooked meals, but your cookbook is so last year. So how will you keep things fresh at the table? Publix makes it easy with The Best Meals Happen at Home e-newsletter. Full of great recipes and exclusive coupons, the Best Meals e-newsletter is your ticket to exciting meal ideas. Plus, the all-new Best Meals website is full of even more recipes and videos featuring must-know cooking tips. Visit http://bit.ly/1XxLyf4 now to sign up for savings and find tonight’s dinner inspiration.
I love cooking in my cast iron skillet and this Hearty Chili Chicken and Rice Skillet Meal is a new recipe that I tried from the Best Meals website. It’s chili with a southwestern twist. The beautiful colors of the red and green bell peppers really make this recipe pop!
What I love about this recipe is it combines fresh ingredients with a few pkg ingredients for a quick hearty semi-homemade meal. in the photo above you can see I served it with shredded mexican cheese and topped with sour cream.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 red and/or green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 package Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ – Spanish Rice
- SEASON chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is 165°, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- HEAT remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same saucepan and cook peppers with chili powder over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until peppers begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans, broth and Knorr® Fiesta Sides™ – Spanish Rice and prepare according to package directions.
- STIR in chicken and serve, if desired, with sour cream, shredded cheese and chopped cilantro or scallions.
One lucky fan will be entered to win a $50 Public Gift Card.
To enter simply tweet me your answer to the following question: “What’s your favorite recipe from The Best Meals Happen at Home site? #BestMealsSavings” Be sure to tag @ConsumerQueen and use #BestMealsSavings in your tweet, then leave a comment here with your tweet link so I can verify! It’s a super easy giveaway so be sure to enter! Click Here for the rules. Only 1 entry per person.