*Picture also contains Suja Berry Goodness and Suja Mighty Greens flavors from Terraskitchen.com
Beating the summer heat with a sweet treat does not have to mean indulging in sugar. These healthy DIY Ginger-Cantaloupe Popsicles were shared with us from Terra’s Kitchen, and are sure to be a perfectly refreshing way to cool off on those days when that bright ball of sunshine is just a tad too warm for us!
You’ll need an old fashioned popsicle mold. They’re available in all sorts of fun shapes and sizes. You can get almost anything from disposable mold bags or reusable silicone tube molds, to dinosaur shapes, and mini molds for those lovely tiny mouths that never seem to eat as fast as their popsicles melt!
Is using fresh ginger new for you? Ginger has long been utilized for its many health benefits. To read about its amazing benefits go here. Are you all out of ginger? Consider adding in a drop or two of Young Living’s Ginger Vitality essential oil for incredible flavor! To learn more about my journey with essential oils click here.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- Popsicle forms and popsicle sticks
- In a small sauce pan, add the sugar and ½ cup water over medium heat. Cook just until the sugar has melted. Remove from heat and drop in ginger. Set aside until cooled. (Remove ginger when ready to use!)
- Slice cantaloupe in half and scoop out seeds. Spoon cantaloupe flesh into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add just enough of the cooled ginger syrup to sweeten as desired. Save the remaining syrup for another use.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. For a variation, push a few sliced strawberries down into the popsicle molds before freezing.