Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular health foods. It’s gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants. If you’re still on the fence about trying Quinoa, pronounced keen-wah, this Autumn Quinoa Bake is definitely a good place to start. Combining quinoa with our favorite Fall staples like sweet potatoes and crisp apples is sure to be a fast favorite for everyone in the family!
The simplicity of this Autumn quinoa Bake recipe makes it incredibly easy to put together, then leaves you free while it bakes. Just a few minutes chopping those sweet potatoes, apples, chicken sausages, and kale will have you all set. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine quinoa and chicken broth in your 9×13 casserole dish. Then add in your chopped apples and sweet potatoes and stir. Spread out evenly in the pan. Top with chopped kale, and season with salt and pepper. Any time I use kale in a recipe I tend to use plenty of salt, but start small and add for your own tastes. Next, layer the chicken apple sausage slices on top. Drizzle olive oil over the whole dish and bake for about 50 minutes or until quinoa is cooked. Top with chopped sage and enjoy!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 2 c. Chicken Broth
- 1 c. Quinoa
- 1 c. peeled and chopped Apple
- 2 c. peeled and chopped Sweet Potato
- 1½ c. packed and chopped Kale (ribs removed)
- 4 fully cooked Chicken Apple Sausages, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Sage
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine quinoa and chicken brother together in a 9x13 pan. Add the chopped apples and sweet potatoes making sure they're evenly dispersed in the pan. Season well with salt and pepper. top with the kale then add the chicken apple sausage. Drizzle olive oil over the dish then bake for 50 minutes or until the quinoa is fully cooked. Top with sage. Enjoy!