August… The month that inspires recipes like this Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake. This dish is like Chicken Parmesan, but in a quick family friendly casserole. Plus, it’s got hidden veggies! It tastes so good my family doesn’t even bother to pick out the spinach!
August is also the month that brings dread to moms and dads everywhere. School is starting. Again. That means getting back into the swing of things. I adore my laid back summers. The sun is out until 9 so I take full advantage of that extra time to cook up some amazing meals that can only be had by slow roasting and letting things simmer away. Somehow, making a zucchini lasagna with homemade sauce from those amazing tomatoes fresh from the farmer’s market doesn’t seem to happen between the science projects, long division, doctor appointments, and of course the growing pains/childhood drama talks for which I have a special love/hate relationship with…
- Made with non-GMO Ingredients. Read about their position here.
- Made with simple Ingredients
- Pasta has Low Glycemic Index, keeping you fuller, longer
- Pasta Enriched with Iron and B Vitamins
- Gluten Free options
- Kosher options
Since most of us live in the, “We want what’s best, but need a little help getting it done” world I find myself picking up my favorite Barilla pasta and sauces on my weekly Wal-Mart trips. I’m planning stocking my pantry with plenty of these during the next few weeks, as well as buying up extras for the food drives that I know I’ll be seeing this fall, because I’m super excited about the Barilla and No Kid Hungry partnership that’s coming up.
For every box of Barilla Blue Box pasta purchased at Walmart between 8/10/2017 – 10/31/2017, Barilla will donate $1 to No Kid Hungry, up to $50,000. That’s enough to provide 500,000 meals to kids in need. Learn more at about the No Kid Hungry Organization, and how you can help end child hunger here.
As long as I have those blue Barilla boxes and jars in my pantry, I know I can have a dinner my family will love on the table in no time! And in reality, that means, I’m skipping the drive through, saving money, and my family is getting a home cooked meal without my looking like I could win a walking dead competition! I hope you enjoy this Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake recipe.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1-1/2 cups Barilla Rotini pasta
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 jar (14-1/2 oz.) Barilla Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded 2% milk mozzarella cheese , divided
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt and adding spinach to the boiling water the last minute.
- Cook and stir chicken and basil in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat 3 min.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, garlic, and tomatoes; bring to boil. Simmer on low heat 3 min. or until chicken is done.
- Drain pasta mixture; return to pan. Stir in chicken mixture and ½ cup mozzarella. Spoon into 2-qt. casserole or 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake 20 min.; top with remaining cheeses. Bake 3 min. or until mozzarella is melted.