Zucchini and Chocolate…an interesting pair. But strangely enough when they get together they make magic! My kids loved these cookies and the had no idea that there were veggies hiding inside! That isn’t lying…is it?!
Like us on Facebook for more recipes and tips!
Enjoy this recipe!
- 1-¼ cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ½ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cups Brown Sugar
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Shredded Zucchini, squeeze water out
- ½ cups Walnuts, Chopped
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Confectioners Sugar (for Rolling The Dough In), Optional
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter, vanilla extract and sugars. Use a stand or hand mixer to mix until creamy. Add the egg and shredded zucchini and mix just until combined. Pour in the flour mixture a few cups at a time and mix just until combined. Add the chopped walnuts and chocolate chips, gently mix into the dough.
- If desired, sprinkle confectioner’s (powdered) sugar on a plate so you can roll the balls of cookie dough in the sugar. Roll the dough into balls and roll them in the sugar if desired.I found that refrigerator the dough made it easier to rolls into balls. Place cookie dough balls evenly on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes at 350 degrees.