It’s almost time to set our clocks forward, and that means Spring is on its way! As much as I love the warm weather that I know is coming, I’m using every last chilly day opportunity to relish my favorite soups! This is a Crock Pot Cabbage Soup that I hope you will enjoy! The convenience of my slow cooker makes it one of my favorite kitchen tools. The prep work on this dish is minimal, so there’s just one extra dish to brown your hamburger meat and combine a few ingredients. If you’re thinking that there should be a way to take your dish from stove to slow cooker without the extra pan, then you’re right. You can order a brown-in slow cooker that eliminates the need to use a pan on the stove. No matter how you cook it, the dish is just as tasty! Enjoy!
Check out our other Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock Pot Corn Chowder
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- Crock Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker Cherry Cinnamon Cobbler with Red Hots
- Slow Cooker Spiced Apple Dump Cake
- Slow Cooker Chicken Street Tacos
- Or Click here to see more from our archives
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 5 c. Beef Broth
- ¾ head Cabbage, chopped
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- ½ lb. Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 28 oz. can Crushed Tomatoes (undrained)
- ½ c. Quick Cook Barley
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Hot Sauce
- Place the chopped cabbage in the crock pot.
- In a large skillet brown the beef and sausage then drain. Add the broth, tomatoes barley, garlic, sugar and hot sauce. Combine well and spoon over the cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours. Stir before serving.