My husband has always loved lemon pepper chicken so I knew I had to give this recipe a try. I’m so glad I did! It was delicious and so easy! This recipe requires browning the chicken before cooking in the crock pot. My crock pot allows me to brown meat in it before cooking so it’s one less dish I have to wash! If you are looking for a new crock pot I would highly recommend one that browns the meat. Honestly, I used to avoid crock pot recipes that called for browning the meat before cooking because I didn’t want to deal with the extra mess and dish to wash. My pre-browning crock pot has given me so many more recipe options!
Crock Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken turned out moist and was so full of flavor! Add a healthy tossed salad and you’ve got the perfect weeknight meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- ¼ c. flour
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 package dry italian seasoning mix
- ½ c. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. chicken broth
- Rinse and trim the fat from the chicken and cut each breast in half.
- Mix the flour and pepper together in a bowl then coat the chicken in the flour mix.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat (or in your crock pot if it can brown meat). Once melted, lightly brown each side of the chicken, but do not cook through.
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray (if you have leftover melted butter you can use that instead) and place the chicken into the crockpot then sprinkle the italian seasoning on top of the chicken.
- Mix the lemon juice and chicken broth together and pour over the chicken and seasonings.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.