Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Dole and I have been compensated for my time in creating this post.
I am completely obsessed with Mason Jars right now and I am constantly looking for new ways to use them. My life is pretty hectic and sometimes I can be so busy that I accidentally skip a meal, especially when it comes to breakfast. This is obviously not a good habit and I am really trying to change that. I am also trying to set a good example for my kids. With two teenagers in my house it is sometimes hard to get them to eat right as well.
Today I wanted to share with you my Dole Fruit Pairings in a Jar. This is so simple that my kids can even make them for themselves. I can even make them up ahead of time and store them in the fridge so that I can literally grab and go.
What I love about Dole Fruit Jars:
- With DOLE Fruit in Jars there’s no cutting, peeling or mess. Just open the jar and taste the goodness of all-natural, ready-to-eat fruit that was picked and packed at the peak of ripeness.
- DOLE Fruit in Jars has a convenient, resalable lid. Just scoop out the necessary amount of fruit and reseal the jar – you don’t have to worry about waste and you can easily save your fruit for later.
- Each jar contains five full servings of fruit and are packed in nutritious 100% Fruit Juice.
- Fruit in Jars are available in 5 varieties: Mandarin Oranges, Pineapple Chunks, Tropical Fruit, Sliced Peaches and Mixed Fruit.
I also wanted to share with you 5 Days of Food and Fitness Tips you can do with your family:
- Monday: Take your whole family for a walk around your neighborhood. This is a great way to release some stress and gives you the perfect time to talk to your kids about their day.
- Tuesday: Go for a bike ride. Remember to pack a water bottle and wear plenty of sunscreen.
- Wednesday: Spruce up Your Fruit – Working out is a great way to stay fit but it is also important to maintain a healthy diet. Next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up DOLE Fruit in Jars. Each container provides 5 delicious servings of all natural, fresh fruit. While at the store, grab a container of your favorite Greek yogurt and try a pairing to spruce up your fruit.
- Thursday: Work out at home. If you have an XBOX Kinect or Wii you can get fun interactive games as well as workouts that will help keep your family fit without ever leaving your house. If you don’t have one of those simply pick out a workout dvd that suites your families needs.
- Friday: Give Yourself a Star – At the end of the week, mark each day that you exercised with a star on your calendar. Reward yourself every time you get to 20 stars.
- 1 Jar of Dole Fruit ( I used tropical fruit but you can do mixed fruit or even peaches)
- Strawberry Freek Yogurt with Honey
- 1 Honey and Oats Granola Bar
- Just layer the fruit and yogurt
- Then break up the granola bar and sprinkle on the top. I also like to sprinkle the granola in between the layers as well.
- Enjoy or chill in the refrigerator for later