Disclosure: “Post Sponsored by Lunchbox. All opinions are 100% my own.”
Sunday. In this house that means one thing, game day. And with a house full of guests, the last thing I want to do is serve something boring and expected. That’s why I turn to Ragu to help make my appetizers more exciting and delicious. Here’s my favorite recipe for a full day of football. Of course I could just order pizza but with a house full of guests pleasing everyone with topping selections can get a bit crazy not to mention expensive. I decided to make this Easy Semi-Homemade Mini Pizza’s with Canned Biscuits recipe because it’s so simple to make and everyone can choose their own toppings. Not to mention this recipe is also something that is kid friendly. For me I want to love on my guests so I want to put in a little extra thought into what I serve them. There is nothing like being surrounded by good friends and good food. Comfort food makes people smile and I can’t wait to see the smiles on my guests faces when I serve them this appetizer.
I start with placing each biscuit on a cookie sheet and flatten them with my hand.
Then I add about a tablespoon of my favorite Ragu sauce and sprinkle some italian seasoning and garlic to taste. Then I add my favorite toppings. In this one I added cheese, real bacon pieces, pepperoni, pineapple and Ragu Traditional.
These are fun because you can use any toppings you like. In the photo below I used just plain pepperoni for some of my guests since I wasn’t sure what everyone liked. Everyone thinks I slaved all day but this quick and easy recipe gave me some time to chill out before all the guests arrived.
Want to try using Ragu for your game day snacks? Head into Safeway to stock up on Ragu and the rest of your football needs today!
- 1 can of Grands Pillsbury biscuits
- 1 cup of Ragu
- 2 cups of kraft shredded mozzerella or italian cheese
- 1 pkg of Pepperoni (I have used both sliced and diced and I love using Turkey pepperoni)
- 1 pkg of Real Bacon Pieces
- 1 small can of pineapple chunks drained
- Italian Seasoning ( to taste)
- Garlic Powder or salt (to taste)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Place biscuits on a non stick cookie sheet and press down on the tops to flatten them out.
- Add sauce and sprinkle Italian Seasoning and Garlic powder to taste
- Then add cheese, pepperoni and what ever other topping you might like.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 to 15mins.