What to do with all that left over ham?!
This is what we had for dinner. I love anything that I can throw into a slow cooker, come back in a few hours and magically dinner is ready! This soup is very easy to make. I had all the ingredients on hand and it only took about 10 minutes of prep work.
It’s more like a chowder. It’s filling and warms your soul! And my 2-year-old ate it, so you know it’s good! Enjoy!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never miss a recipe.
- 3 Cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 5 potatoes, cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 ½-2 Cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prep all ingredients.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except the cheese.
- Let cook for 4-6 hours, until potatoes are cooked.
- Mash some of potatoes if you want to thicken up the soup. Add the cheese, saving enough to garnish the top when serving.