Yesterday I was trying to figure out what I should make for dinner.I wanted to use ingredients that I already had because I did not want to go to the store…it’s cold outside! Then I saw the cover of this month’s All You Magazine (My favorite magazine!) Mashed Potato Soup! I takes less than 30 minutes to make and it costs less than $1 a serving! And I had all the ingredients!
I whipped it together in no time! Everyone liked it, even my 2-year-old! Thanks All You!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never misss a recipe.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp. Flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Prick potatoes with a fork; microwave on high until cooked through, turning one. Let cool slightly. Scoop out flesh; discard skins. Mash with a fork.
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp, turning once, about 10 minutes; crumble.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add flour; whisk until smooth and golden, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk. Cook until thickened, whisking, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, cheese and ½ tsp each of salt and pepper.
- Cookie, stirring, until cheese melts and soup is hot. Whisk in sour cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into 6 bowls and garnish with bacon and chives.