My local Crest Foods had the McCormick Recipe Inspirations on sale 2/$1 so I decided that I would pick up a few to try. Tonight we are doing Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Potatoes. I love these because all of the ingredients are pre measured and Monday’s are kinda hectic for us so I wanted something easy. Now the recipe on the back of the package calls for an oven recipe but I wanted to see if I could try this in the slow cooker.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never miss a recipe.
- 1 McCormick Recipe Inspirations Rosemary roasted Chicken & Potatoes mix.
- 2 tbls of Olive Oil
- 1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 cup of water
- If you cannot find the McCormick Recipe Inspirations in your areas try this:
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Paprika
- 1½ teaspoons McCormick® Rosemary Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic, Minced
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- I started with a thawed a small whole chicken already gutted.
- Add a 1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner to your slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup of water
- Roll up tinfoil into small balls and place on the bottom of the slow cooker. Number of balls depends on the size of your crockpot and chicken.
- Place chicken on top of tinfoil balls.
- Cut up red potatoes and place around the chicken.
- In a small dish add your seasoning mix & olive oil.
- Use a marinade brush or rubber spatula to spread your seasoning/oil mix on your chicken and potatoes.
- Cover and cook 4 to 8 hours. Depending on how big your chicken is. You can tell it's done by using a meat thermometer. When it reads at least 165 degrees and the juices run clear then it's done.
- If your Chicken is frozen you don't need to add the water!
Here is a photo of the foil balls!