Check out these Mint Chip Cake Mix Cookies we just whipped up last night. If you need a super quick holiday cookie recipe for a party, classroom, or cookies for the kids to set out for Santa, this is it! These literally take 4 ingredients and only 10 minutes to prepare. I made the cookie dough while my oven was heating up. That’s my kind of recipe during this busy time of year! If you love the taste of mint + chocolate, you will love this simple variation of the classic cake mix cookie. The recipe is not overly minty, but has that delicious mint chocolate taste that makes everyone come back for more.
Also, you all know how much I love cake mix cookies. Since baking items are on sale the week of Christmas you can pick a cake mix up for under a dollar. Now I just need to go back and get a few more mixes so I can repeat this recipe for all of our holiday company. Of course cake balls and confections are the thing to do for Christmas usually, but you can’t beat an easy cookie recipe. It’s definitely more kid friendly than some of the dessert ball recipes. These are perfect for kids. No mess!
If you’re needing to feed a crowd and try this recipe, I would definitely suggest using two cake mixes and doubling it up. We finished off about 8 of these just snacking, and the rest will be gone quickly after we take some to our neighbor.
The only other tip I have for this easy recipe is to use a baking mat!! Amazon offers these great ones. These save on parchment paper and wax paper and is more eco-friendly of course. Plus, the cookies seem to bake more evenly if I use it. Not a scientific fact but I think the heat is a little more evenly distributed when I use this mat. I do have to add 1-2 minutes cooking time so always check for done-ness before taking the cookies out of the oven. I think my batch of these Mint Chip Cake Mix Cookies did cook on the long side of the range, at 14 minutes. If you haven’t gotten any silicone baking mats, be sure check them out here!
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did if you get a chance to make them! They are a hit!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- (1) box Devil's Food Cake mix (Duncan Hines recommended)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Nestle Holiday Mint Chips or Andes Mint Baking Chips
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Combine cake mix, oil and two eggs well in bowl until all dry mix incorporated
- Add 1 cup mint baking chips, combine. Batter will be thick
- If dough is too moist to scoop cookie dough, refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
- Scoop dough with 1-2" cookie scoop and put on prepared cookie tray
- Cook 12-14 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Leave on cookie tray for additional 3-5 minutes if needed, to let cookies continue to set up.