Looking for an easy cheesy dip? Give this Spinach and Artichoke Dip a try! This recipe is made in the slow cooker, so all you have to do is add the ingredients and it does all the work for you!
When my husband and I were first married we had this tiny slow cooker. I mean TINY! Somehow we managed to cook roasts in it with potatoes and carrots. I still don’t know how everything fit, it must have been magic! I still have this slow cooker but now we use it as it was intended, for appetizers and dips! If you don’t have one of the small slow cookers that’s ok, yours well work just as nicely.
Spinach and Artichoke Dip is one of my favorite appetizers. I often splurge and order it when I go out. It’s perfect for sharing. It’s so warm and creamy. But this recipe is so easy to make, I don’t need to order it anymore! I can make it myself.
This Dip is the perfect to bring along to any pot luck or party. You can be sure everyone will be asking you for the recipe! It’s great served with sliced French bread, pita chips, tortilla chips or celery and carrots. It bump up the wow-ness factor serve it in a bread bowl! Enjoy!
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbsp of diced garlic
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup milk
- 8 oz of cream cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using your slow cooker add artichoke hearts, spinach, sour cream, onion, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella.
- Add salt and pepper as needed
- Stir until well combined.
- Add in the cubed cream cheese and just have it lay ontop of the other ingredients
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 2 hours.
- Stir the ingredients every hour or so for even cooking.
- Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 15 minutes.