It’s almost that time of year. My favorite time. When all my nice friends and neighbors bring me their amazing baked goods! I consider myself pretty good at cooking but just ok at baking. I like to bake but sometimes it just doesn’t like me. But if I do decide to make cookies this recipe is definitely going on my list! It has a secret ingredient…..shhh don’t tell….Tropicana Orange Juice. I love Tropicana Orange Juice because it’s not from concentrate, meaning the only thing that’s in the bottle is delicious natural orange juice made from fresh oranges! I really like the fact that Tropicana Pure Premium is 100% pure Florida orange juice, not to mention it comes in an attractive package as well! The soft fluffy sugar cookies have a slight hit of orange along with the orange sugary glaze. Yum! Wish I still had some, but the kids gobbled them up so quick I’m lucky I got pictures of them! Make some for yourself, your friends and neighbors! Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Tropicana orange juice
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- Cream softened butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg and blend well.
- Add the Tropicana orange juice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat until fully mixed then add the flour.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes or until the edges turn light brown.
- When cooled spread icing on top.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TBS butter
- 2 TBS Tropicana orange juice
- Blend ingredients together.
- Spread on cooled cookies.
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never misss a recipe.
You can also connect with Tropicana on the Tropicana Facebook Page
Disclaimer: My Royal Kitchen is a Tropi Mommy and I was compensated for my time but the opinions and recipe shared are my own!