Disclaimer: if you’re not someone who giggles a little at bathroom humor please feel free to skip to the next post where we will return to our regularly scheduled programming.
If you haven’t seen the unicorn poop and unicorn fart marketing you just might be living under a rock. The rainbow colored merchandise is just about everywhere. If you’re in need of a laugh watch this video or this one. Caution though- there is just a touch of EWW! And YES, they are real, you can order them here and here.
Lets jump back to our Unicorn Poop Pop Tart Recipe! These are seriously fun, and are sure to be a delight for unicorn enthusiast everywhere.
You start by mixing your coloring in with portions of dough and rolling them into snakes.
You’ll lay them right next to each other on a cutting board and roll flat into a large square or rectangle. Cut into squares.
Spoon Jelly into center of squares and place a matching piece of crust on top. Squish edges with a fork to seal. Bake until golden brown.
Prepare icing and pipe onto your unicorn pastries, and sprinkle with confetti! It takes about an hour to dry, and then your unicorn fans will be all set to indulge!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1 package of pie crust
- 1 jar of strawberry jam
- Pink, purple, green, yellow and blue gel colors
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper, cut to fit the baking sheet
- Icing ingredients
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Confetti sprinkles and stars
- Pop Tart Directions
- Split the pie crust into 5 parts
- Roll the dough in your hands to shape a ball
- Add a color to each part and work the color into the dough with your hands
- Roll the dough into long strips onto a cutting board or a baking pan covered with parchment
- Lay all of the colors best to each
- Use a rolling pin, roll the crust out into a rectangle or square
- Cut into squares or rectangles, 2 for 1 pop tart
- Take one side and add a scoop of the jelly, place the other side on top and take a fork to seal the pop tart
- Place onto the cookie sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and not doughy
- Icing Directions
- Combine all ingredients except the sprinkles into a standing mixer
- Mix until soft peaks form
- Scoop some icing into the disposable piping bag
- Pipe some frosting on top of the pop tarts and sprinkle some of confetti sprinkles on top
- let sit to dry for an hour before enjoying