We have had so many questions about Catalina’s on our Facebook page and at our coupon classes I thought it would be a good time to really dive into Catalina’s – what they are and how to use them.
A Catalina Coupon is a manufacturer’s coupon that pops out at the end of your transaction, good on your next purchase of a specific item. It prints from a little machine that sets next to the register and will not be attached to your receipt.
YourBucks are Catalina coupons that pop out out at the end of your transaction that will state ” Save $$ On Your Next Purchase”. These coupons can be of different value amounts and can be used like money on your next purchase at that store. YourBucks are good on the purchase of anything except alcohol, tobacco, gift cards and prescriptions.
The above is an example of a Catalina coupon. Catalina coupons will be for $$ off your next purchase of a particular product and will state the value of the coupon as noted in the blue circled area.
A YourBucks catalina (above) will either alert you to an upcoming offer or be an actual coupon for $$ off your next purchase at the issuing store. As you can see ( circled in green) the YourBucks Offers will state exactly how many products you’ll need to purchase in order to receive a $$ off your next order coupon.
- Have an expiration date.
- Specify exactly what it’s for.
- List valid dates the catalina will print (for example: buy Jell-o snacks between 03/04 and 03/27 and save)
- List how many products you need to purchase to receive the catalina ( for example: buy 2 Jell-o Snacks and get $1.00 off your next order, buy 3 Jell-o Snacks and get $2.00 off your next order, buy 4 or more Jell-0 Snacks and get $3.00 off your next order.)
- Will not double
- Be considered a manufacturer’s coupon and not a store coupon.
- Will sometimes print advertisements for upcoming catalinas that will be printing soon.
This is just the first post of our series. Many of you have sent us questions and emails about Catalina/YourBucks offers and we plan to touch base on those.
Don’t forget to check out our post Help my Catalina didn’t print.