We’ve been asked to blog information on how you can send your expired coupons to military commissaries overseas. Before I post where you can send them here’s some info you need to know:
- Cut and trim the sides of the coupons. This is not only helpful to the receiving centers, but will save you money on shipping.
- Only manufacturer’s coupons like the ones from the Sunday inserts can be sent. No special store coupons or any internet printed coupons can be used.
- Separate the coupons into two major categories 1. Food (for humans) 2. Non-Food (pet food, cleaners, deodorant etc. ). Place them in large sealed freezer bags and label.
- Prior to sending your coupons (if you’re sending a really large amount- like as a group), contact base with whom you are sending them to, to make certain that they do not have any other preferences for you to follow.
- Go thru your coupons on a monthly basis, that way you get them to the military bases quickly for use. Sometimes it takes weeks for them to get your package so the sooner the better.
- After you pick your location address your envelope exactly the way Michelle has it listed (see info on website below) that will help insure that it doesn’t get returned as undeliverable.
Here is a website I recommend you visit to find a military base overseas to send your coupons to. They cover all branches of the military so if you’re partial to say, the Airforce, you can look for an Airforce base. Michelle and her group work very diligently to keep the list current and update it on a monthly basis. Visit Michelle’s website HERE to view the overseas list.
I know it may seem like a lot to do just to send off some coupons but when you consider what our service men and their families do and sacrifice for us it’s really not that much trouble at all.