When cold weather hits, it’s good to be prepared. If you live in an area where snow and ice always shows it’s ugly head, you want to make sure you are doing everything you can to keep your family safe and warm. We’ve got 5 Cold Weather Tips to Keep You Safe & Warm.
5 Cold Weather Tips to Keep You Safe & Warm :
1. Always keep a Cold Weather Tool Kit in your Car. In your kit you will want : Blanket, flashlight, gloves, hat, scarf and an ice scrapper. You can also fill a gallon sized baggy full of kitty litter to keep in the car. This is just enough in case you get stuck in the ice without taking up to much room with an entire bag.
2. Check your windshield wipers. Make sure they aren’t worn down and replace if needed. You will also want to make sure your tires are also properly inflated. You can check your owners manual for proper air pressure.
3. Have your heating and air serviced twice a year. Make sure there are no clogs and everything works properly. You will also want to leave your water dripping during a freeze so your pipes don’t freeze.
4. Dress in layers! You want to keep your hands, feet and face nice and dry. Frostbite is not fun. Dressing in layers will allow you stay warm and cozy while your out but able to peel those layers off once you reach your destination.
5. Bring those pets in the house! Some of you may think this is inconvenient but it’s the responsibility of owning and caring for a pet. Turn your laundry room in to a winter pet hotel with old blankets and toys. You can bring your pet out to play while you’re home but have a place for them to go at night or when you leave the house. Just make sure all laundry products and any cords that can be chewed on are picked up.
Don’t forget to download the ConsumerQueen.com Savings Toolbar.