Many people probably think there really isn’t a science to washing dishes when it comes to throwing them in the dishwasher.Well I’m here to let you in on a few secrets that you should know about your dishwasher to make your experience … well run smoother?
- Do you feel your dishes never get clean or they always end up having left over film from those dishwasher tablets? The trick is to always run hot water in your sink before you run your dishwasher, especially in the winter time.You see if you don’t, by the time the cycle is 1/2 over your water is just getting hot.Water temperature should always be 120 – 140 degrees.
- Jet Dry is a must.
- Appliances are now using less water so you really only need 1 tablespoon of detergent.Within the last year the government had all the phosphates removed from detergents.
- Did you know that breaks down better in water? I have been told by the experts that Finish powder is the best.
- The government is now regulating how much water we can use in dishwashers. New dishwashers run longer but use less energy.
- Always put your delicate items on the top rack and and all your pots, pans etc on the bottom rack facing towards the center.
- You can run white vinegar through the cycle to clean and deodorize your dishwasher.
- Did you know that a load of dishes washed in the dishwasher requires 37% less water than washing by hand?
- Did you know the “Rinse Hold” setting uses 3 to 7 gallons of water for each use?
I hope these dishwasher tips were helpful and thanks to my super secret dishwasher guy who gave me all these great tips but wished to remain anonymous LOL. Stay tuned for when we teach you how to make your own dishwasher detergent as well as your own rinse agent from home.
Don’t forget to download the ConsumerQueen.com Savings Toolbar.