Wether it’s Christmas or New years, many of you will be throwing holiday parties this year and we thought we would give you some tips help you have the holiday party everyone will be talking about. Check out these Top 10 Holiday party Tips:
- Invite Guests – Take a look at the space you have and make your guest list accordingly. You want your guests to be comfortable. An overcrowded guest list and leave guest feeling overwhelmed. You want to make sure you send your invitations out in plenty of time and make sure you give a phone # to RSVP so you will have a sense of who’s coming.Always assume 80% of your guests will RSVP but a few may not show.
- Delegate – Make sure you involve your family. Make a list of what needs to be done and delegate. If you are having friends help you host, don’t be afraid to give them part of your list too. You don’t want a stressed out hostess, your guests will notice.
- Set the Mood – Setting the mood is very important. You don’t want loud blaring music where your guests can’t hear each other talk. Try using soft Christmas Carols in the background.Plug in your iPod or use Pandora. If you’re having an adult only party, flickering candlelight will give your party a soft warm glow. Be sure and go with unscented candles in case your guests have allergies. Don’t got out an buy expensive centerpieces. Try using a glass vase filled with ornaments or pinecones but don’t let your centerpiece block the view of guests at the table.
- Entertainment– You will need to look at your guest list and decide are these the mingling type or do I need to have some games to keep the party flowing. If your planning to do games, a few of my favorite are….
- Guest List Scavenger Hunt – Make a list of questions such as A) Someone who has 3 kids. B)Someone who drives a red car. This will help guests get to know each other and the person who gets the most answers by the time allotted wins.
- The Mystery Box – This one always gets a ton of laughs. You wrap a box inside of a box inside of a box. Each one bigger than the other. The prize is in the very last box inside. You go around the circle and each person gets 60 seconds to try an open the box.The trick is they have to do it with mittons on!
- Food – Keep the food light but filling. To much carbs could put your guests to sleep by 8:30. You could go with a main course or sides and serve appetizers or do finger foods like only. If your inviting family or friends you know well, don’t be afraid to go potluck if you have a small budget.
Jose Ole reached their goal of $100,000 donation gift to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and they are rewarding their fans with a high value $2.00 off coupn!
Coupn is valid for any item 16-oz or more. I’m getting me some Taquitos today!
CLICK this link to score your coupn.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post through SocialMoms. I was compensated for my time in creating this post. As always my thoughts and opinions are my own.