Now that Halloween is over it’s time to switch gears. We have devised a check list of tips to help get you armed and ready.We are hoping that this checklist will help you shop more effectively.
Black Friday Tips:
- Price Match! Walmart will price match most Black Friday sales. It will save you time, gas and money!
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Dress in layers as you may want to peel down while shopping. Ladies this is the one day out of the year that you don’t need to dress to impress!!!
- Make your list ahead of time , prioritize and get organized.
- Don’t forget to print any coupons that can be used and attach them to the store flyers where you’re shopping. Check your coupon policy before heading out as stores may change their policies for special days like Black Friday.
- Consider buying gift cards ahead of time to the stores you plan on shopping. This will help to not over spend and stay on budget 😉
- Bring bottled water and snacks.
- Ladies bring a hair tie, just wear a rubberband or scrunchie around your wrist to pull your hair up when you get hot from standing in a crowd.
- Walkie Talkies are great to have. I have used these in the past and they are great to have. Faster than using your cell phone. Plus sometimes cell phone reception is not reliable.
- Shop with friends. Use the buddy system so you can tag team and get the deals you need.
- If you’re shopping Walmart don’t forget those coupons that will give you overage to put towards those already low Black Friday prices to save even more.
- Go to the store a day early and scout out where your items will be placed in the store. More often stores like Walmart will place items in unusual spots in the store to help with lines and keep everyone organized. One year the TV I wanted was in health and beauty!
- Check your phone for apps that show maps where items will be placed in the store – we can guarantee things will NOT be in the place you expect them to be.
- Wear contacts instead of glasses. No need to have them falling off and breaking.
- Don’t forget your camera, flip cam or camera phone to catch the deals you are getting as well as those crazy shoppers. You never know when you might have the next viral video for You Tube LOL.
- Research those big ticket items before you go shopping. Check out online reviews and make sure the product is as good as you thought before you spend the money.
- Make sure you bring the ads to the store with you. You may need to prove a discount or in case you forget what store was having what sale.
- Ask for gift receipts and check to make sure your store does not have a restocking fee.
- Check to see if those Black Friday specials are available online and shop from the convenience of your home.
Don’t forget many stores are already having “Doorbuster Sales “, so keep checking your local sales ads for weekly specials now!