The first thing you want to do before shopping at CVS is to sign up for their Extra Care Card! Without this card you won’t be able to get the sale prices and/or ECB that will print out on the end of your receipt when you buy qualifying products. Just visit your local store and sign up!
Here’s a few more things you’ll want to sign up for at CVS as well as some important tips.
- Register your Extra Care Card at cvs.com HERE. They’ll send you great coupons via email and alert you to special deals!
- Sign up for the CVS Beauty Club! You’ll get a one time 10% off your order shopping pass (excludes sales/clearance items), $3.00 EB on your birthday and $3.00 EB for every $30.00 in qualifying beauty purchases you make. The $30.00 doesn’t have to be in one transaction. Your card keeps track of your purchases and when it reaches $30.00 you’ll get your $3.00 EB. There is a long list of qualifying products such as hair care products, cosmetics, skin care, fragrances, hoisery & more! Just visit your local CVS or sign-up online HERE.
- If you are a diabetic you need to sign up for the CVS Diabetic program. You’ll get extra store coupons (for Colgate toothpaste and others) and occasionally special perks.
- Scan your ExtraCare Card at the coupon machine EVERY time you visit CVS before you shop. You may get coupons you can use that day – there’s always a few that print for things that are on sale.
- Find out what day of the week your CVS gets their shipments in. This is important to know if the “hoggies” have hit your store and cleared the shelves. Frequently they will have more sales items in that shipment and that way you can get them when they come in. If the shelf is bare, you can always ask if they have any in the back. Sometimes they just haven’t had time to bring it out.
- Always get a raincheck for any item that they are out of. CVS will give you the sale price and any EB associated with the item when it comes in, even if the sale is over when they restock! Rainchecks never expire 😉
- CVS rewards their ExtraCare card holders by giving them 2% back on purchases they make and every 3 months you’ll get ExtraBucks. These Quarterly EB print around Jan. 1st, April 1st, July 1st and Oct. 1st.