Here’s what their press release had to say about the new app:
CVS has launched a first-of-its-kind interactive app for customers using Apple iPads! With the new CVS iPad app customers can explore a virtual 3D CVS/pharmacy and quickly access services from the Pharmacy, ExtraCare, Photo Center and MinuteClinic, as well as browse their favorite departments to shop.
Designed to present a fun and interactive pathway to shop CVS/pharmacy and fill prescriptions, the CVS iPad app provides a personalized retail experience that helps consumers manage their healthcare and drugstore needs. The CVS iPad app was developed using technologies that bring to life a customized drugstore that customers can access with their fingertips, on-the-go or from the comfort and privacy of their own home.
The app makes it unbelievably easy for customers to shop, fill prescriptions, manage their ExtraCare accounts and more through a highly personalized experience and 3D realism.
CLICK this link to get more info or to download the new app.
Here’s some important points to know about the app:
- Pharmacy Services with Enhanced Prescription Management: With the swipe of a finger, customers can scroll through all their prescriptions in a matter of seconds and take actions including scheduling refills and viewing prescriptions available for pick-up. Caregivers can manage prescriptions for themselves and their families, using native tablet functionality such as drag-and-drop and easily sort by patient name, refill status and more. Patients can also view prescription details instantly with zoom-in detail screens and scan in refills using the iPad camera (supported on iPad 3 and above).
- ExtraCare with Coupon Center: Shoppers can sign in to manage their ExtraCare savings and rewards by clicking the ExtraCare Coupon Center. The ExtraCare mini app allows visitors to check their balances or sign up for additional ExtraCare programs such as Beauty Club, ExtraCare Advantage for Diabetes and ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards. Similar to the in-store experience, customers are encouraged to make the ExtraCare Coupon Center their first stop to receive new coupons and personalized offers. On the CVS iPad app, they can view what offers are available with easy rotating display and animations, and then choose to send them directly to their ExtraCare card or print them.
- Catalogue Style Shopping: Users can shop and search the full CVS.com product catalog, sorted by category. Savvy shoppers can also access weekly deals to take advantage of new offers every day on popular household essentials, beauty products, health needs and gifts.
- MinuteClinic: Users can quickly locate the nearest MinutClinic or access a variety of informational resources on the types of services and minor illness exams offered, as well as check the various kinds of insurance accepted.
- Photo Center: App users can upload photos from their tablet camera roll to be printed for pick-up that very same day at a local CVS/pharmacy. Customers can also see various other photo products available in-store.