What is SavingStar?
SavingStar is an eCoupon program you can use to save at participating merchants (Homeland, Country Mart,CVS, Walgreens, Target and many more). Just sign up with SavingStar and register any loyalty cards you have. Once you’re registered you can load the coupons you want onto your card.
If your store doesn’t have a loyalty card (like Walmart, Dollar General and Target) you’ll need to do this:
- Download the SavingStar app from the iTunes store or Google Play to your phone.
- It will ask you to add a debit or credit card – just tap “skip” if you prefer not to.
- After the download is complete, click to open the app
- Sign in, then click on the stores tab at the top of the screen. Tap on the stores you want to shop at and get rebates.
- After you’ve chosen your stores you’re done!
- After you make your purchases from the list of rebates offered, take a picture of your receipt. You’ll tap the little register receipt icon at the top of the screen in the app to download your picture
At checkout, simply have the cashier scan your Homeland card and the value of the offer used will be added to your Savingstar account. You’ll see each new deposit within 2- 30 days after purchase. You’ll receive an email when the deposit has been made. SavingStar offers are one time use like coupons but can be combined with manufacturer’s & store coupons (I contacted Savingstar to confirm this)
NOTE: Some stores such as Walmart, Target and Dollar General require you to submit your receipt as they don’t have a store card.
Once you reach $5 in your account , you can transfer it to your bank account or deposit it into Paypal as well as other options.
I earned $5 at Homeland during the big ice cream sale a couple of weeks ago. Savingstar had a $5 rebate offer wyb $30 in Nestle products which I downloaded to my ONE card.
I then bought $30 in ice cream (3 transactions) that was on sale and combined it with coupons and the “buy 4 select ice cream and get $3 off at register” promo going on and made out big!! I got 8 boxes of Edy’s Outshine bars and 4 boxes of Nestle Drumsticks for just $8.00 at the register + the $5 SavingStar rebate. That’s 12 boxes of ice cream for $3.00!!
Note: When multiple items need to be bought in order to get the rebate, they usually will not have to be bought in one transaction
If you haven’t signed up yet we encourage you to do so….it’s free and easy. Just download the offers and then go shop!
Just click the banner at the top of the page to join.