I was born and raised in OKC and I love my city! It’s big enough so there’s lots to do but still small enough that it doesn’t seem overwhelming. Money is tight these days and with there being so many FREE things available that I thought I’d start a semi-regular post about some of them for my fellow Oklahomans. The freebies include OKC and the surrounding areas. Enjoy!
- Free haircuts at SuperCuts: The SuperCuts training studio at 140 S. Midwest Bivd. MWC offers free haircuts for children and adults. Give them a call at (405) 736-1251. (Thanks According to Rachel)
- Free lip & brow waxes at Trichology every friday. 14101 N. May Ave. OKC. This place is great!!
- The OKC Museum of Art offers free admission for active military families through Labor Day and the entire month of September is free for college students! Access museum’s website here
- Downtown Trolley rides are free for 1 year (started July 1st). Summer schedule (May 1st- September 30th) is Sunday-Tuesday 10:00 am – 8:00pm and Wed.-Saturday 10:00 am – 11:00 pm. Get Trolley schedule and maps here
- Free admission to the OKC Zoo every Monday in January & February (Thanks Coupon Princess) Access Zoo website here
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum has free “Saturdays for Kids” educational programs the first Saturday of the month (children must be accompanied by an adult). 1700 N.E. 63rd St. Call (405)478-2250 for information on next month’s program (Sept. 11th – Septemberfest). Museum also offers free admission to active military families.
- The Downtown Library has free movie night every Wednesday from 6:00- 8:00 pm. Call (405)231-8650 for more info. Next Wednesday’s movie is “Gladiator”.
- Back-To-School Bash, 8-21-10 at the International Harvest Church, 3000 N. Santa Fe, Moore, Ok. The first 100 school age kids will receive a FREE backpack. Join them for games, food and prizes! The kids will love the moonbounce!
- Norman Sooner Mall has an interactive story time located outside Sears every Tuesday at 10:00 am ( for children 9-yrs. and under)
- The Oklahoma Railway Museum is free to the public Thursday, Friday & Saturday. 3400 NE Grand Blvd. OKC (405) 424-8222
- Free Sunday Twilight Concerts 7:00-8:30 pm at the Stage Center East Lawn (corner of Sheridan & Hudson) in Downtown OKC. Bring a lawn chair and listen to some of Oklahoma’s favorite bands. Click here for a list of dates and concerts.
- Free Storytime at Norman Barnes & Noble every Wednesday and Saturday 10:30 am (kids 4-yrs. and under). 540 Ed Noble Parkway, Norman OK. (405)579-8800
- Free monthly Mini Build at the LEGO Store at Penn Square Mall, every first Tuesday of the month (next one is Sept. 7th) 5:00-7:00 pm. Event is open to kids 6-14 yrs. only. Every month there’s a new model specially themed to that month. (405)840-9993
If you live in the OKC or surrounding areas let us know if you discover a freebie!