This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s finally here! Warmer weather! This weekend was the first weekend where the Sun was out in full force. The kids wanted to be outside and so did I. It’s time to start taking the cooking outside and start firing up the grill.
Earlier this week I was doing my usual grocery shopping at Sam’s Club when I saw a rollback on SunnyD. The 24ct. 6.75oz. bottles in the Tangy Original flavor are on Rollback for only $5.38. I picked them up. I remember that these were the ultimate summer drink when I was a kid. Now I get to watch my kids enjoy the little bottles of liquid sunshine!
I was craving some grilled chicken and since I had a fridge full of SunnyD I thought I would experiment and make some Orange Chicken Kabobs. The result was epic! They were so good. Even the kids asked for more! Needless to say we will be making these all summer long!
The recipe is really easy to make, you only need 4 ingredients! SunnyD, BBQ sauce, Brown Sugar and Soy Sauce. Mix them all together, let the chicken marinade, put it on a stick and grill it!
- 1 Cup SunnyD
- 2 Cups BBQ Sauce
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 T Soy Sauce
- Approx 2lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a medium bowl combine the SunnyD, BBQ sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Stir until combined. Set aside about ½ cup to use later on for brushing the chicken.
- Put the chicken pieces in with the mixture and let marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the chicken pieces on a bamboo skewer. I put about 4-6 per skewer.
- Place chicken kabobs on a hot grill. Grill for 5 minutes,rotate and brush with sauce. Continue to do that for 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
Check out more fun ideas from SunnyD at WhereFunBegins.net! I’d love to hear about how you have fun in the sun with SunnyD!