Extra rich ingredients in “classic comfort” foods usually mean more calories, but that's not the case with this Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Posole. This means I'll be making it all winter long. Soothing comfort just waiting to warm me from the inside out.
See this Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Posole Recipe here!
This post is sponsored by Crock-Pot® Brand, but all thoughts are my own.
Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Posole
Posole (also spelled Pazole) is no ordinary soup! It is intensely packed with amazing flavors! Your kitchen will be bursting with the tantalizing spicy fragrances of chilies and savory broth bubbling in your favorite Crock-Pot® slow cooker ! Everyone in your home will be making their way down to find out what's cooking! The irresistible charm of a few minutes of prep work and care free cooking has my Crock-Pot® slow cooker right back on my counter time after time.
Make It Your Own
Let's not forget the stunning garnishes for this Pasole. Zesty lime, crunchy radishes, and fresh cilantro are the perfect finishing touches. For me, I'll be adding a few avocado slices to make this Crock-Pot® slow cooker Green Chile Pork Posole truly fit for this ConsumerQueen.
Vegetarian? No problem! Consider switching it up with organic vegetable broth and black beans for a wholesome alternative.
The Crock-Pot® slow cooker name is a brand I can trust. My family has been using this brand for as long as I can remember and it has come along way. The stainless finish on the one I used in this recipe matches everything in my kitchen
The removable insert can be used for browning/searing meat on the stovetop before slow cooking to seal in flavors. I can seriously do everything I need in this one appliances and not have to dirty any unnecessary dishes. So in case you're wondering, thisCrock-Pot® slow cooker is PTFE- and PFOA-free for healthier cooking and peace of mind.
The slow cooker's removable cooking pot features a DuraCeramic™ nonstick coating prevents food from sticking. And, it helps to ensure effortless food release and quick clean-up. It's called the Crock-Pot® slow cooker 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Stovetop-Safe Cooking Pot.
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
Print Recipe Here
- 1 lb pork tenderloin cut in to 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tabelspoon of olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 cups or more of low salt chicken broth
- 3 15 ounce cans of golden hominy
- 2 7 ounce cans of diced mild green chili's drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 12 ounces fresh tomatillos, husked, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons of cumin
- 4 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2-3 russet potatoes
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, celery and saute until soft and place in slow cooker (about 7 mins)
- Dice tomatillos add to slow cooker
- Add hominy, green chilis, cilantro, potato, cumin, chili powder and broth
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper and dice into 1/2 inch cube and add to slow cooker
- Slow cook for 8 hours on low
- Use lime, cilantro and radish for garnish and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2979Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 40gCholesterol: 331mgSodium: 6183mgCarbohydrates: 431gFiber: 71gSugar: 90gProtein: 197g
Depending on your serving size
Love This Recipe? See the Latest Consumer Queen Recipes Here: