Oklahoma is in Tornado Alley so we are all too aware of how serious it is when disaster strikes. And by now most of us have some kind of plan in place for when something terrible does happen. But there are still plenty of people who don’t have a plan of action. Don’t let that be you! It’s not fun to talk about but it is necessary.
September is National Preparedness Month and Blackmon Mooring and BMS CAT were big participants with the “Be Disaster Aware, Take Action to Prepare” initiative. Helping educate people about the importance of having a plan in place when disaster strikes is just as important to them as being there to clean, restore and reconstruct when after a disaster has happened.
Visit HERE for important info, tips, checklist and preparedness tool kits for different disaster situations that Blackmon Mooring and BMS CAT has made available to us. Here are 10 ideas of what you should have ready in case of an emergency…
1. Bottled water (minimum 3 day supply for evacuations and up to 2 weeks for home)
2. Non-perishable foods & snacks (minimum 3 day supply) – be sure and rotate to make sure none expires
3. Flashlight & extra batteries (consider a hand crank or shake variety that doesn’t use batteries)
4. Multipurpose tool First Aid Kit – be sure and rotate items to keep them fresh
5. Medications (7 day supply) as well as medication list & important medical records
6. Battery powered or hand crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio if possible) – this is a very important item as it keeps you in touch with what’s going on in the outside world!
7. Extra clothing & blankets – you’ll need these in case you end up in the storm shelter or outside in nothing but your pajamas
8. If you have small children – small size toys, books crayons & coloring books
9. Older kids may have electronic devices to keep them busy
10. Sanitation & personal hygiene items
Click this LINK to find out what’s on the rest of this have-ready list!
Here’s the best part! You can enter to win an American Red Cross Deluxe Emergency Kit and a $100.00 Visa gift card from Blackmon Mooring! Maximize your safety, reduce damage and minimize injuries should you, your family or friends be faced with a hazardous situation. Every household needs one!
Blackmon Mooring Must be in Oklahoma to win.