Have you found yourself in a breakfast rut? Are you sick of cereal and milk and granola bars but don’t have a lot of time to make an elaborate breakfast? If so, you need to give these easy Blueberry Cinnamon Biscuits a try! One batch makes a dozen so you’ll have plenty for one breakfast and maybe even some leftovers! This is a simple sour cream biscuit recipe full of sweet, fresh blueberries. I haven’t tried it with frozen blueberries yet but if you do I’d suggest thawing them first then making sure they’re really dry before mixing them in your biscuit dough. If you do try this with frozen blueberries, I’d love to know how they turn out!
It is a simple 3-step process to whip these biscuits up: mix (all ingredients together in one bowl!), scoop, and bake! And once they’re ready just serve with a cup of coffee or a glass of orange juice or topped with a simple blueberry syrup. Stock up on blueberries from your favorite grocery store or farmer’s market and keep this recipe handy!
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tblsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 c. butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 2/3 c. milk
- 3/4 c. blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add softened butter and mix with a fork or a pastry cutter.
- Stir in sour cream then stir in the milk. Dough will be very sticky and thick. Gently stir in blueberries, trying to keep them intact.
- Using a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop drop dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes, or until biscuits are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 218mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 3g