This scrumptious Pumpkin Soup with Spiced Whipped Cream Recipe will be a hit for any fall party or festive dinner. This is one of the recipes we cooked up at the Smuckers trip that I attended with several other bloggers that you will be hearing more about soon.
What special occasion would you love to fix this Pumpkin Soup with Spiced Whipped Cream Recipe for, or would it be a quiet dinner at home?
- • 2 tbsps. Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- • 1 cup chopped onion
- • 1 cup chopped celery
- • 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- • 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth, divided
- • 1/4 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- • 1 1/2 tsps. salt, divided
- • 1 tsp. ground sage
- • 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- • 1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- • 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- • 1/2 cup heavy cream
- • 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- • 1 tbsp. fresh snipped chives
- 1. HEAT oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and carrots. Cook
- 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Place in blender container. Add 1 can
- chicken broth, flour, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, sage and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cover and
- process until smooth.
- 2. RETURN vegetable mixture to saucepan. Stir in remaining 1 can broth, pumpkin and
- brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until
- desired consistency.
- 3. BEAT cream, red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl
- with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Pipe or spoon over individual
- servings of soup. Sprinkle with chives.