As I sit here today in a foul mood I was reminded over and over of God’s blessings. It’s like he was talking to me and I wasn’t listening so he just kept throwing them at me. I am so thankful for a God that doesn’t give up on me. I am so thankful that he continues to bless me , even when I don’t deserve it. In our Monday night Bible study we have been going over the book One Thousand Gifts – A Dare to Live Fully in the Moment by Ann Voscamp. Ann in her book One Thousand Gifts challenges us all to live fully in the moment and be aware of God’s blessings, to be thankful even for the little things.
I need your help. I want you to hold me accountable as I have a challenge to write down 1,000 things I am thankful for and I am going to blog them right here. I may not blog every day and each time I post may have a different amount of things I am thankful depending on the day and what God brings me. If you don’t see me post within a week’s time , yell at me, tap me on the shoulder and call me out!
It’s not always easy to see the blessings when there are days of struggle but I am learning to even thank him for those too. I encourage you to even post what YOU are thankful for under posts that I do. Maybe we can all encourage each other.
And So I Begin……..
1. I am thankful for the laughter of my kids coming from outside my bedroom window as they play outside with a new toy we got in the mail! – God’s Blessings
2. I am thankful for the beautifully painted sky that God has shown me tonight. His Canvas is amazing.
3. I am thankful for a family who forgives me, even when I am at my worst
4. I am thankful for all the beautiful ladies who volunteer their time on my site. Without them this site would be nothing!
5. I am thankful for the opportunity that God has given me to stay home with my family and follow my heart.
What are you thankful for today?