I’ve decided that this summer my crockpot is going to become my best friend! I recently moved to Georgia, and it is HOT! I hate turning on the oven and making the house even hotter than it already is. I never knew that you could make anything besides dinner in a crockpot. Here’s a great recipe for one of my favorite things to make, Banana Bread! Follow the recipe and you can make Banana Bread without heating up the entire house! And it is delicious! It came out wonderfully moist and soft. The kids ate it up by the end of the night!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- Grease and flour a 4 1/2 quart crockpot.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add sugar, eggs, honey, and mashed bananas. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Pour into crockpot, cover and cook in high for 1 1/4 to 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (It took close to 2 hours for me)
- Let cool, then invert bread onto serving platter.