Congratulations to our winner Konie!!!!
TruGreen, the nation’s largest professional lawn and landscape care service, is passionate about educating Americans that trees need regular care to maintain their health and beauty. Just in time for nature’s spring growth spurt, TruGreen is formally launching its specialized tree and shrub care service along with its TruStories Sweepstakes with a $25,000 MasterCard reward card grand prize.
TruGreen’s customized approach to horticulture care nationwide is delivered by licensed specialists trained in agronomic conditions specific to a homeowner’s area.
According to Ben Hamza, Ph.D., director of technical operations at TruGreen, there are a few spring lawn and landscape tips to prepare your yard for a healthy summer:
1. Clean Area: Thoroughly clear dead leaves and debris from flower beds and lawn that may impede new spring growth.
2. Prune: Conduct corrective pruning of trees and shrubs to enhance plant appearance and vigor, and thin rather than top-shear overgrown shrubs and trees to preserve their overall shape. Make sure not to prune trees and shrubs that bloom in early spring, with the exception of removing dead branches.
3. Mulch: When your lawn is actively growing, return grass clippings back to the soil for added lawn nutrients and consider using composted materials to nourish plants. Apply three inches of organic mulch to base of shrubs and trees to help conserve soil moisture and to reduce weed pressure, but be mindful not to cover the flare of the tree base.
4. Right Plant, Right Place: Plant the right type of grass for your lawn to ensure a green, healthy turf. Where grass has difficulty growing, plant shade-adapted ground covers for landscape appeal.
5. Feed: Spring lawn, tree and shrub roots seek nourishment after the dormancy of winter. Keep fertilizer on target to prevent run-off and sweep fertilizer granules that may reach pavement back onto your lawn. Use a trained professional company, such as TruGreen, that offers customized solutions to lawn and landscape problems based on your region’s needs.
6. Check Irrigation: Follow the owner’s operating manual to take an automated sprinkler system out of hibernation. Ensure sprinkler heads and related water lines are working properly. Give your lawn a slow, steady watering about once a week, but adjust depending upon rainfall, grass and soil type in your area. Also ensure the irrigation system covers your landscape efficiently. For example, you can place a one-inch deep food can in the middle of the lawn area to measure the depth of water collected after each watering cycle to ensure uniformity.
7. Protect Against Elements: The beautiful blooms of spring are vulnerable to frost. With an expected cold snap, cover flowering plants before the sun goes down to maximize heat trapped by the plants. Create a tent of warmth with plastic tarps, cardboard, bed sheets or special plant frost protection blankets available at your local nursery or home improvement retailer.
1 lucky CQ Reader will Enter to win a $125 Gift Card from Tru Green
Enter: Follow Trugreen on FB and tell them I sent you. (Tag our FB if you can )
1. Tweet or FB this contest( 1 per day): Win a $125 Gift Card from Tru Green From @ConsumerQueen https://bit.ly/jkYvtb #bloggiveaways
2. Subscribe to our YouTube
3. 1 entry for every non contest post you comment on, on The Royal Familyor Consumer Queen. Reply here with the link of the post you commented on.
4. Subscribe to the blog and reply here.
5. Add a coupon to the Coupon Database and get 1 entry for each coupon. (Coupon must not already be in the database please use the search feature)
Winner will be notified by email and have 48 hrs to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored Giveaway
Check out our Complete List of Giveaways
Check out our other bloggers who are apart of the Mothers Day Giveaway Bash:
- The Prudent Patron
- Saving Money Plan
- This Frugal Life
- Couponing toDisney