Shopping Walgreens …..
- Shopping Walgreens with coupons is a little more complicated than CVS but you can still get some great deals! Shopping with Register Rewards is discussed in more detail in Understanding Register Rewards (RR) but here's a few things to remember about Walgreens.
- Walgreens gives out Register Rewards and Balance Rewards Points for qualifying purchases. RR are catalina coupons that print from a machine next to the register when you pay. Points are automatically applied to your account. You'll need to sign up for the Walgreens Balance Rewards card and have it scanned at the register in order to get your RR and/or points.
- Make sure your Balance Rewards card is registered on Walgreens.com. You'll be able to upload digital store coupons to your card, get special offers/coupon via email and more!
- Coupons with a value of more that the price of the item being purchased will not be accepted. For example, if Walgreens is selling candy for 99¢ and you have a $1.00/1 coupon, you can't use it.
- Coupons may not be used on an item made free by a sale. For example, if Walgreens offers Tide detergent BOGO free, you couldn't use a $1.00/2 coupon. You could however, use a $1.00/1 coupon on the Tide you're paying for.
- At Walgreens if you have more coupons than items the register will beep when scanning the extra coupons. For example: you buy Olay Moisturizing Lotion for $10.00 and you have a $5.00 manufacturer's coupon, a $3.00 store coupon and a $2.00 RR (considered a coupon). Even though it's ok according to Walgreens policy to use all 3 coupons on the product, the register will beep when the cashier scans the 2nd & 3rd coupon. You'll have to throw in what we call “fillers” – a couple of really cheap pieces of candy etc. to make it 3 items and 3 coupons.
- Because RR are catalina's, watch for unadvertised RR deals posted in your store. These are deals not in the weekly ad.
- Always pick up the Walgreens monthly coupon booklet. The booklets are usually found with the weekly ads at the front of the store when you first walk in. These can be stacked with manufacturer's coupons and RR for even more savings! You can also print the coupons on Walgreens.com
- Watch for special coupon booklets – Walgreens is good about having them throughout their stores. Always check the cosmetics counter and the pharmacy as both places are good for finding coupon booklets. They can also be in the aisles!
- Find out what day of the week your store receives their inventory trucks so you can be there on that day to get anything that was cleared out.
Check out our Current Walgreens Deals