photo op: KOCO Channel 5
Costco Grand Opening in OKC!
Costco has announced their grand opening date for the Oklahoma City area as this Thursday (May 16th) at 8:00 am. We've had a ton of questions regarding membership, entrance to the store, guest services and more. Here's the scoop …
1.) Membership Cost
There are two different memberships currently available: Gold Star ($60) and Executive ($120).
A Gold Star Membership includes ONE free Household Card and allows you to shop at Costco.
Executive Members also get one card. They also earn an annual 2% Reward (up to $1,000) on qualified Costco, Costco.com and Costco Travel purchases. They get discounts on Costco Services, such as lower prices on check printing and identity protection. Plus get free roadside assistance for vehicles covered through the Costco auto insurance program.
A total of two people may be on either card. The primary cardholder and a household member over the age of 18.
2.) Membership Incentives for Joining
Join by June 16th and Gold Members will get a $10 Costco store card and Executive Members will get $20. You can sign up online or right now at the store, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day. If you sign up online, you'll receive your number via email. You can then visit customer services in-store to get your membership card and free gift card.
Executive Members also get the following when they sign up in the form of coupons that expire June 30th:
- FREE Kirkland Signature canned chicken – 6 cans (12.5 oz. each)
- FREE Kirkland Signature 100% Colombian coffee 3-lbs.
- FREE Kirkland Signature 72-ct. AA batteries
- $5 off Kirkland Signature mixed nuts 2.5-lb.
- $3 off any Kirkland Signature bakery item
- $3 off any any fresh berry item from produce
- $6 off any Kirkland Signature fresh meat item
3.) Can Non-Members visit Costco?
Yes, non-members may visit Costco but will not be allowed to purchase items (see exceptions in #4) without a membership.
4.) What Can I do at Costco Without a Membership?
There are some items non-members may purchase while at Costco including:
- Prescriptions from the pharmacy
- Visit the food court
- Shop with a friend who has a membership
- Shop online (non-members have a 5% surcharge)
- Get your vision & hearing tested
- Use a Costco gift card
- Price Match at other stores using Costco prices (Kohl's, Best Buy, Lowe's, Staples, PetSmart, Petco, Target, and JCPenney should all price match). Since Costco is new to OKC it may take awhile for this to take effect.