Everyone needs to be prepared for whatever life throws you and if you live in Texas you can stock-up on supplies tax free because it's Emergency Preparation Tax Free Weekend!
Natural disasters will continue to happen so prepare yourself for emergencies that can cause physical damage like hurricanes, flash floods and wildfires so get prepared. There's limit on the number of qualifying items you can purchase, and you don't need to give an exemption certificate to claim the exemption.
Qualifying items bought in-store, by telephone, mail and online qualify for the tax exemption. Credit card charges must reflect items were paid for during the April 23rd – April 25th tax exempt weekend. Click here for complete information on the Emergency Preparation Tax Free Weekend.
Here's what Qualifies:
- Portable generators under $3,000
- Emergency ladders & hurricane shutters less than $300
- Less than $75
- Batteries, single or multipack (AAA cell, AA cell, C cell, D cell, 6 volt or 9 volt)
- Can openers – nonelectric
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Coolers and ice chests for food storage – nonelectric
- Fire extinguishers
- First aid kits
- Fuel containers
- Ground anchor systems and tie-down kits
- Ice products – reusable and artificial
- Light sources – portable self-powered (including battery operated)
- Examples of items include: candles, flashlights and lanterns
- Mobile telephone batteries and mobile telephone chargers
- Radios – portable self-powered (including battery operated) – includes two-way and weather band radios
- Smoke detectors
- Tarps and other plastic sheeting
Several over-the-counter self-care items, such as antibacterial hand sanitizer, soap, spray and wipes, are always exempt from sales tax if they are labeled with a “Drug Facts” panel in accordance with federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
Things That Do Not Qualify:
- Medical masks and face masks
- Cleaning supplies, such as disinfectants and bleach wipes
- Gloves, including leather, fabric, latex and types used in healthcare
- Toilet paper
- Batteries for automobiles, boats and other motorized vehicles
- Camping stoves
- Camping supplies
- Extension ladders
- Repair or replacement parts for emergency preparation supplies
- Services performed on, or related to, emergency preparation supplies
- Discount Gift Cards at Dollar General This Week!
- Starbucks Gift Sets 50% Off This Week at Walgreens!
- Squishmallow Slippers as Low as $8.99!
- Top Walgreens Deals | Weekly Ad Matchups 12/10 – 12/16
- Kohl's Deals | Codes, Coupons & Sales
Have you joined our Facebook yet? We have over 18,000 members who share deals, recipes and lifestyle tips with each other. Click here to join and start saving with us today.
Want MORE DEALS? Check out AMAZON FACEBOOK GROUP where we post deals and codes for up to 75% off Amazon products.
Would you like to earn free gift cards? Shopkick is an app that allows you to earn ‘kicks (points)” cards just for walking in the store. You can then redeem those points to earn free gift cards. Check out the the highlighted link to learn more and start earning free gift cards today.
People shop at thrift stores for different reasons. Some people are on a tight budget and need to stretch their pennies as much as possible and some people just love the thrill of the hunt! Thrift store shopping has the potential to save you lots of money while furnishing your home and clothing your family. Check out these Thrift Store Tips.
Did you know there are a ton of coupons and deals that you can score every year on your birthday? Check out the Consumer Queen Birthday Freebies Roundup that we have put together. Also if you love Restaurant Deals, Princess Rebekah posts a new list every Friday so make sure you are checking our blog and our Hot Deals group so you don’t miss those