Gas prices are on the rise, and if you're looking for ways to save money on gas, you're not alone. Luckily, there are a number of gas saving apps available that can help you find the best deal on gas and save money at the pump. In this blog post, we'll discuss some of the most popular gas saving apps and explore how they can help you save money on gas. So whether you're looking for an app that can find you the cheapest fuel or one that helps track your driving habits, we've got you covered! Keep reading to learn more about these handy tools for frugal drivers.
Please note that while some affiliate or referral links are included- this is not a sponsored post!
APPS THAT HELP YOU SAVE MONEY ON GAS
If you're looking for ways to save money on gas, there are a few apps that can help.
Gasbuddy – This app helps drivers find the cheapest fuel prices in their area. GasBuddy also allows drivers to track their fuel costs and compare fuel prices at different stations. If you're looking for an app that can help you save money on gas, GasBuddy is a great option! use code: EKM6H5Z FOR EXTRA SAVINGS!
Shell Fuel Rewards– While we cannot control the prices at the pump, we can always search for the least expensive gas station nearby! I love Shell Fuel rewards since purchasing gas with my fuel rewards number translates into actual savings! You will get an email from Shell Fuel Rewards after you fill up, and they will offer you a discount per gallon (up to 20 gallons usually) on your next purchase. If there is a promotion going or you haven't purchased in a while, keep an eye on your email! They can give bonuses up to 15¢ off per gallon, which is a nice savings! Use our Referral Link to get bonus rewards when you sign up.make sure you use my link to take you to the right app because there are 2 different ones and the old shell app is still available but it's not active.
And, if you are a T-Mobile Customer, Shell Fuel Rewards works with T-Mobile and offers customers frequent additional savings on T-Mobile Tuesdays. Find out more over on our weekly T-Mobile Tuesdays post!
The National Average Gas price Tracker is an app created By the U.S. Department of Energy. This app is designed to help you find the cheapest gas prices in your area.
Drivewise – The app tracks your driving speed, braking, and acceleration to help you see where you can make improvements. If you're looking for an app that can help you save money on gas by improving your driving habits, Drivewise is a great choice!
Trapster – Another popular gas saving app is Trapster. This app helps drivers avoid traffic congestion and save money on gas. Trapster alerts drivers to speed traps, accidents, and road closures, so they can avoid them and save time and money.
Waze – Waze helps you avoid traffic jams and find the quickest route to your destination.. The app also provides real-time traffic updates, so you can avoid congestion and save time and money.
Gas Guru – This app helps drivers find the cheapest fuel prices in their are.a Gas Guru also provides coupons and discounts from local gas stations, so you can save even more money on gas.
CASH BACK APPS AND REWARD APPS
There are also several cash-back apps that offer rewards for gas purchases. Check out these gas saving apps that offer cash back and rewards.
Get Upside – This free app gets you cash back on gas! Use promo code: MELISSA36377 to get an extra 15¢/gal bonus on your first purchase.
Ibotta – is a free app that gives you cash back on groceries, including gas. Just scan your receipts to earn cash rewards. Use Code: aan7cg and get $10 free when you submit your first receipt.
Fetch – Fetch Rewards is a free app that let's you scan grocery receipts and gas receipts and earn reward points. You can redeem those reward points for free gift cards like Visa gift cards to use towards gas. Use code:EF9PC and get 2,000 bonus points when you scan your first receipt. Receipts can be up to 14 days old.
7-Eleven – I have the 7-Eleven app and love it. Not only can you earn rewards for things in the convenience store, but you can actually get freebies like a free slurpee on your birthday. The app does not accrue to gas savings, so it's important to use this one along with one of the Gas apps listed above. Use code: wg5oya to score bonus points when you sign up.
Mobee – is an a Mystery Shop[ping app that pays you to complete mystery shopping missions at local gas stations and restaurants and more. Use code: 53XG when you sign up to get started on missions.
Casey's – Casey's gas stations also have a rewards program where you can earn free snacks at the gas station as well as discounts on their gas.. Use code: MeliaGa8966 and score 100 bonus points
OnCue – Oncue is yet another gas station that offers rewards and fuel rewards when you scan your rewards card.
My Phillips 66 – Earn up to .25 cents off per gallon when you use Phillips 66 rewards at participating locations
More Tips on How to Save Money on Gas:
There are several ways in which you can actually use less gas while on the road!
- Have an app that allows you to shop around for gas prices. Ensure you're not waiting to fill up– if you're in a hurry to find a gas station while the gas tank is almost empty, chances are you will head to the nearest station.
- Reduce your speed and avoid hitting the gas pedal aggressively to accelerate quickly. This will increase the fuel economy.
- Do proper vehicle maintenance— it's very important for safety anyway, but it can help your vehicle function at top performance. It can also help you avoid breakdowns which often involve finding a repair shop, or letting the engine idle while you're waiting for roadside assistance.
- Find a trustworthy gas app like listed above that offers cash back rewards!
- Do you live in a metropolitan area? Fill up before you hit the road. Most highway gas stations will be slightly more in price than locations where there are many gas stations.
- Reduce the weight in your vehicle– this is an old tip but worthwhile to consider. If you have a trunk full of items to go to the Goodwill, trash or to just get rid of, it may be weighing down your car more than you think! Clean the car and avoid hauling heavy items around town.
- Use your memberships— Sam's, Costco and even Walmart usually have a gas station on site. They often have incentives for members. Be sure to check their gas prices and any rewards you can possibly earn if you have a club membership!
Need More Money-Saving Inspiration? Don't miss out– join our Facebook groups for up to date info on savings and freebies!
- FREE Key From MinuteKey at the Kiosk
- Disney Insiders | FREE Points Everyday Thru December 31st
- Stouffers Mac & Cheese $2.27!
- 3 Tier Rolling Carts Just $22.49 at Michael's – 11 Colors
- Best Buy Deals | Sales & Daily Deals