Here's our latest Aldi dinner idea that will save you money – stew and cornbread!
This week we found all you need for stew and cornbread for about $12. It will provide a meal for a family of 4 or possibly 6.
- Cornbread or crackers
- 93% lean ground beef – around 1 pound for $6.77 (your price may vary)
- Potatoes 5-lb. bag $3.29
- Frozen mixed veggies 12oz. 79¢
- Jiffy Cornbread mix 52¢ or Savoritz saltine crackers 79¢
- 1 can of diced or whole tomatoes 64¢
- 1 8oz. can of tomato sauce 32¢
- Baker's Corner family size brownie mix 98¢
- Onions (0ptional)
Total Cost: $13.58. We're assuming you already have condiments like seasoned salt and pepper in your kitchen. If you already have potatoes, you'll spend under $10 bucks!. Let us know how you liked this meal and if you changed anything up 🙂
In case you're wondering, I usually make meatballs out the ground beef and brown them in a skillet. I add 3 cups of water in a large pot and add in the tomatoes (undrained), tomato sauce, meatballs, cut up potatoes, onions (if I use them) and Lowry's season salt to taste. Bring to a low boil and when the potatoes are tender I add in the frozen veggies. I cook on low for another 5-10 minutes (until the veggies are hot) and then serve.
Next up … Aldi Finds 1/26/22 : Bell Peppers, Cauliflower, Chicken Breasts & More!
New to Aldi?
- Aldi does not accept coupons.
- You’ll need a quarter to get a shopping cart but you’ll get it back when the cart is returned.
- Be sure and bring recycle bags for your groceries.
- Aldi mainly carries their own brands but does have a few national brand items.
- Aldi produce prices are usually the best anywhere.
- I’ve tried many of the Aldi brand items and they are for the most part just as good or better than the national brand.
Have you joined our Facebook yet? We have over 18,000 members who share deals, recipes and lifestyle tips with each other. Click here to join and start saving with us today.
Want MORE DEALS? Check out AMAZON FACEBOOK GROUP where we post deals and codes for up to 75% off Amazon products.
Would you like to earn free gift cards? Shopkick is an app that allows you to earn ‘kicks (points)” cards just for walking in the store. You can then redeem those points to earn free gift cards. Check out the the highlighted link to learn more and start earning free gift cards today.
People shop at thrift stores for different reasons. Some people are on a tight budget and need to stretch their pennies as much as possible and some people just love the thrill of the hunt! Thrift store shopping has the potential to save you lots of money while furnishing your home and clothing your family. Check out these Thrift Store Tips.