Starting tomorrow Market Pantry eggs will be 50¢/dozen – no coupon or Cartwheel needed! If you do a lot of cooking/baking stock up while you can because eggs can be frozen!
Here’s how you do it:
- Crack 2 or 3 eggs and put them in a small freezable container like Rubbermaid. You can also use muffin tins and ice cube trays to freeze them. If you use these types of items (muffin or ice cube trays), you need to remove the eggs after freezing and put them a freezer bag or container. GENTLY stir to break up the yolks a little, you don’t want to whip any air into the eggs. Label the container with the date and number of eggs.
- Pop them in the freezer until you are ready to bake a cake, cookies etc. Pull a container out and let it thaw in the refrigerator the day before you intend to use them. They can be kept frozen for a year!
- Cooked egg whites are very rubbery unless mixed in a recipe so it’s not a good idea to cook them to eat after freezing.
- If freezing egg yolks only stir in a 1/2 teaspoon of salt per one cup of yolks to keep them from becoming lumpy. If using for desserts, use 1 tablespoon sugar or corn syrup per one cup of yolks or whole eggs.
- Freezing hard cooked eggs is not a good idea as whole eggs and egg whites can become very watery and tough. They may also turn very dark when frozen. You can however freeze the cooked yolks!
Here’s some products you might need for all those eggs!
- Bunny & Egg Shaped Deviled Egg Trays $6.78 per tray – FREE shipping for everyone!
- Egg Slicer by Cuisinart $7.99 – ships free with Prime
- Set of 6 pastel Easter Egg Deviled Egg Trays $6.95 – ships free with Prime
- Two-tiered Deviled Egg Carrier $8.99 – FREE Shipping for everyone!
Not sure what Cartwheel is? This is a savings program exclusive to Target where you’ll earn a %% off your purchase instead of a dollar amount. Cartwheel offers can be used with Target store coupons AND manufacturer’s coupons. There are a few things you need to know so check out our post HERE for more info.
Remember prices may differ between areas but check your local Target for these money savers. Items may not be available at all stores.
Like to shop online? You can find lots of great deals at Target.com. If you have a Target REDcard, shipping is always free and you’ll get 5% off your purchase!