If you've been to one of our coupon classes then you heard us discuss a way to keep your coupon inserts organized without having to cut out every single coupon. The best way we think to do it is to use the “file system” and Target has just the thing on sale this week for only 3 dollars! The filing crates come in black, green, blue and pink and will hold plenty of coupon inserts. At this price I'd get two! If you have the Target Red Card then you'll get an additonal 5% off making them $2.85 each.
If you're not familiar with the “file system” here's a quick lesson:
- Try to get at least 5 copies of each weekly coupon insert from the Sunday paper.
- Put each week's inserts in a hanging file (both redplum and smartsource in same file) and write the date the inserts were in the paper on the outside of the file in pencil. For example, last Sunday was the 24th so you'd put all the inserts from that Sunday in a file and mark it 7-24-11.
- Put each week's file in front of all the others so you have your dates going from most recent to oldest.
- Keep your inserts for at least 8 months because some coupons have a long expiration date and something may go on sale several weeks or months after the coupon comes out.
- Print your shopping list from the ad deals we post each week
- The list will tell you what's on sale, what coupon to use and what insert it was found in
- Take your list to your files and find the correct inserts, cut out your coupons and off you go!
Don't forget to download the ConsumerQueen.com Savings Toolbar.