- Uptown Grocery is located in Edmond, Oklahoma at 1230 W. Covell Road.
- NEW LOCATION now open – 9515 North May Avenue in OKC!
- Read the Uptown Grocery Coupon Policy HERE
The 12 Days of Christmas is still going at Uptown and today's deal is for 99¢ pineapples.
Great time to buy, cut up and freeze for smoothies, recipes etc.
How to Freeze Pineapple
- Peel, core and cut pineapple into rings or chunks.
- Use a cookie sheet and place the pineapple on parchment or wax paper. Place parchment paper or wax paper on a cookie sheet. Make sure to separate the pieces and then place the cookie sheet in the freezer.
- Once the pineapple is frozen (in an hour or so) remove from freezer and place in freezer bags or containers. Since the pineapple was separated before freezing they won't stick together in the bags 😉
- Fill the bags to the top and squeeze out as much air as you can.
- Be sure and use a permanent marker to date the bags – they can be stored frozen for up to 10 months.
- When it comes time to use for recipes, thaw the pineapple in the refrigerator 24 hours before you need it. frozen chunks can used right out of the freezer for smoothies. They also make a yummy snack – I eat them right out of the freezer. Once the pineapple thaws it's not as tasty for snacking.
Need an pineapple corer?
Just cut off the top of the pineapple, insert the corer and twist – easy peasy!