10 Uses for Cookie Scoops
We all have tons of gadgets in our kitchen. Some we use more than others. I can't even remember the last time used my cheese slicer! I'm perfectly content to grab a knife and cutting board, and not worry whether my slices are a little or a little more than a little uneven. When it comes to our kitchen utensils most of us have an entire drawer or two full of them. I have some that I don't use at all! Today, I want to talk to you about one that I use all the time. Yet, I find when I mention it to people, it is remarkably under-utilized. It is my Cookie Scoop! Cookie scoops come in several sizes, and they're a work-horse that's worth making room for, no matter how full your drawer already is! Over and over I find myself reaching for one of them. At breakfast, to make perfectly sized pancakes. At lunch, when scooping chicken salad. During dinner when making meatballs. Of course, probably it's most well known and favorite use, for scooping ice cream for dessert! Here are 10 Uses for Cookie Scoops you probably haven't used them for, yet.
- Use them to make the perfect meatballs
- Perfect for scooping Drop Biscuits
- Perfect portion pancakes-Use a 2 oz or #16 for standard or a 1.25 oz or #30 for silver dollar size
- Great way to fill muffin tins: Scoop size needed will vary depending on size of muffin cup. Use a 2 oz or #16 scoop for standard muffin
- Sandwich fillings, I love using this for portioning my Chicken Salad and Sloppy Joes
- Scooping ice cream!
- Make Cake Balls or Brownie Balls- use a 2 oz or #16
- Filling for deviled eggs
- Filling Decorator Bags- Whether it’s icing or dough for your cookie press. Avoid your spoon and avoid the hassle of the mess!
- Make hamburger/Turkey patties- I like a 3oz or #12 disher or scoop