Try these Corn and Crab Cakes for an easy appetizer for any time of year!
Corn and Crab Cakes
If you’ve ever traveled to New England you probably ordered crab cakes while you were there. The delightful local specialty was undoubtedly offered up with delicious sweet corn and fresh sliced tomatoes! Sweet corn and crab is like peas and carrots, peanut butter and jelly, tomato soup and grilled cheese; they just go together! These Corn Crab Cakes cut out the middle man, and let you eat your corn without getting butter on your chin!
Every holiday, I remember my mom (and my grandma before her) in the kitchen cooking up a storm while everyone else was busy playing games, laughing, and sharing stories. Now that I’ve been the mom in the kitchen for “a few” years, I’ve been thinking about what my holiday memories are. Every year I plan, shop, get up early, cook all day, sit at a beautiful table I’m too tired to eat from, and then fall into bed dead tired as I ask my husband if everyone had a good day!
This holiday season is no different, moms everywhere will wind up stuck in the kitchen, missing out on time that could be spent with their families making memories and traditions. That’s why we’ve partnered with Birds Eye. They also want moms to have more time to enjoy the “meals that matter most” with their families!
Print Recipe Below:
Birds Eye vegetables offers holiday recipes that are delicious, quick and easy to prepare, and they’re asking all of us if we have any Birds Eye recipes we would like to share. Birds Eye is helping us moms get what we want most this holiday season – time with our loved ones, holiday traditions, and keeping the goodness of vegetables in the holiday season!
Want to keep this recipe in your favorites? Feel free to pin it on Pinterest! JOIN OUR RECIPE GROUP!
- 1 c. Birds Eye frozen Gold & White Corn, thawed and drained on a paper towel
- 8 oz. lump Crab
- 2/3 c. Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 c. Ranch Dressing
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Combine corn, crab meat, bread crumbs, egg, ranch dressing, salt and pepper together in a large bowl and form into patties.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook the crab cakes, turning once, until golden brown.
See More from Consumer Queen Here:
- Oral-B Battery Operated Toothbrushes $2.89 at CVS!
- Holiday Candy Singles as Low as 59¢ at Homeland!
- Disney Insiders – FREE Points Everyday This Month!
- 10% off Target Gift Cards is Live!
- FREE 8×10 Photo at Walgreens – Get Your Code!