Check out my DIY Microwave Popcorn! You don’t even need a popcorn maker for this easy snack!
DIY Microwave Popcorn
Is Family Movie Night on your list for the weekend? Here’s an easy way to make your own microwave popcorn. It’s easy. It’s inexpensive. And it’s healthier. Why not give it a try?!
There are several reasons this easy DIY can be a lifesaver:
- A can of popping corn goes a surprisingly long way. So just keep a bag or jar of it in the pantry for when you run out of microwaveable popcorn and that craving hits!
- It’s much more frugal than buying packets of microwaveable popcorn! Sometimes the kids really go through our popcorn stash, and at $5-6 per family box for the name brands that can add up.
- It’s fun! If you have smaller kids, they will love seeing the pre-popped kernels and then also the finished product.
- Seasoning is all up to you! I know for anyone on a low sodium diet, regular microwavable popcorn is not something you’re going to be snacking on. However, if you make your own, you can use anything from salt substitutes to just a hint of unsalted butter and some yummy spices. You can also do non-traditional flavors, like these Kernel Season’s Brand seasonings.
- Sweet or salty: Enjoy caramel or chocolate popcorn for a sweet alternative to regular popcorn! Yum! You can also find chocolate and caramel drizzles too.
- 1/4 cup popping corn, dry
- 1 dash salt , or sea salt, to taste. Optional.
- All you need is a paper lunch bag and about ¼ cup of popcorn.
- Place the popcorn in the bag and fold it over about 3 times so it will stay closed. Do not staple it closed!
- Choose Popcorn setting on your microwave, or approximately 1 minute and 30 sec. When there’s more then a few seconds between pops it should be done.
- That’s it! Season it to you liking and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 12 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 368mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 0g
Subscribe to our blog for subscribers only contests and deals.
See More Recipes Here: